Saturday, April 19, 2008

Dawn Of Orion

Dawn Of Orion were from Georgia, and played late 90s metalcore, with a heavy emphasis on the metal, not unlike Day Of Suffering and Undying. Here are the only two releases from them that I was ever aware of.

On Broken Wings 7"
1998 - Undecided Records
http://www.mediafire.com/?vgx0oinlgyi

For The Lust Of Prophecies Undone
1999 - Immigrant Sun Records
http://www.mediafire.com/?vni7jiiymff

On a side note, I used to buy records off of Dawn Of Orion's guitar player, Erik, quite a bit during 98/99. After a good year of an excellent transaction record, he decided to take my 50 bucks, and not send me a handful of records (which I later saw turn up on ebay). If you happen to ever see that douchebag, feel free to punch him in the throat for me.

4 comments:

chrisapproach said...

hey lets tradelinks.would be cool.
chris

Anonymous said...

Good stuff, never heard of these guys before. Have to get that full-length definitely!

Anonymous said...

Justin - Great blog! I really dig the comments on the posts - Too many blogs just post the music and with no comment or info I've probably passed over a lot of good stuff

I was part of the Cleveland SXE scene in the late 80's and walked away from it in the early 90's...too much thuggery...and missed the 90's completely - Getting back into it in 2000...at 40...I've been gathering and have got most of the "bigger" names but with blogs like yours and the link to others I been turned on to a bunch of the lesser known bands and some surprisingly better than the bands that influenced them

Just wanted to say thanks and keep 'em coming !!!

g said...

this is great. thanks for this.
too bad about the douchebag tho..
feel free to visit my blog, maybe you find something of interest. cheers.