Saturday, January 26, 2008

fortydaysrain

fortydaysrain are a band that I have always felt were very underrated, at least definitely out here on the West Coast. I used to talk to their bass player, Al, back in the old days of the AOL hardcore chat rooms. This was long before the era of message boards and paypal preorders, and some pretty legendary and infamous things happened in those chat rooms. In the late 90s, bands were leaning closer and closer to metal sounds, and these guys played what I consider to be a perfect blend of heavy hardcore with well placed metal leads. As far as I can tell, this is everything they put out aside from some comp tracks that I never got my hands on, and for all I know, the songs on the comps may also be present on these releases.

Demo tape 1997
This tape has 4 songs, and I first got it out of my friend Matt's distro box sometime in 1997. A large part of me misses distros, and taking chances on bands that I had never heard of.
http://www.sendspace.com/file/p5d1k1

The Price Of Innocence 7"
For a record label that only managed to get out two releases, Even The Score records sure did a damn fine job. Kyle Score put out this record and the Falling Down 7" (who soon changed their name to Day Of Suffering). If you ever find a "Straight Edge means automatic weapons" shirt, send it to me, and I'll love you forever!
http://www.mediafire.com/?tzyqtntig2j

fortydaysrain/The Year Of Our Lord split 7"
This is one hell of a split 7 inch. fortydaysrain bust out a new song, and a re-recorded version of "Baptism" from their demo tape. The Year Of Our Lord were also bringing something pretty new to the table, in the form of black metal tinged hardcore. If memory serves me correctly, TYOOL also featured a member or two from the early Cave In lineup.
http://www.mediafire.com/?gyzkdbzmym2

Temptation Of Our Own Demise
This cd initially came out on One Way Home Records, but quite quickly saw a re-release via East Coast Empire. The first 3 tracks were brand new ditties, followed by a mix of tracks from their previous releases. After this, the singer left, and was replaced by Rob Fusco (who had just left One King Down) for a brief period of time. Then one of the guitar players took over vocally, and fortydaysrain fizzled out without recording anything else.
http://www.sendspace.com/file/r9w8rl

8 comments:

Thomas said...

props to you for posting this. one of my favorites back in the day. i saw that you have the motive 7 inch and cd and was wondering if i could make a request for a post? that would be awesome as i cant seem to find em. thanks!
tom

Nate R said...

Holy shit, this is awesome. Temptation was one of my first hardcore cds and has always been one of my favorites. I never found anything else by them though. Very underrated band. The demo tape won't download, it says file not found...

setstatic said...

the even the score 7" is called the price of innocence...

:)

- steve fdr

d.l. lobos said...

could you possibly re-up the split w/YOOL?

bxl said...

please re-up the 40daysrain/year of our lord split. I own the 7', but would love to have the digital. I am from far northern California (the start of the PNW) and a lot of these bands are from my youth too. Miss those days.

sexy said...

情趣用品,情趣,情趣用品,好玩遊戲區,A片,情趣用品,遊戲區,史萊姆好玩遊戲,史萊姆,遊戲基地,線上遊戲,色情遊戲,遊戲口袋,我的遊戲口袋,小遊戲區,手機遊戲,貼圖,A片下載,成人影城,愛情公寓,情色貼圖,情色,色情網站,色情遊戲,色情小說,情色文學,色情,aio交友愛情館,色情影片,臺灣情色網,寄情築園小遊戲,情色論壇,嘟嘟情人色網,情色視訊,愛情小說,言情小說,一葉情貼圖片區,情趣用品,情趣,色情漫畫,情色網,情色a片,情色遊戲,85cc成人片,嘟嘟成人網,成人網站,18成人,成人影片,成人交友網,成人貼圖,成人圖片區,成人圖片,成人文章,成人小說,成人光碟,微風成人區,免費成人影片,成人漫畫,成人文學,成人遊戲,成人電影,成人論壇,成人,做愛,aio,情色小說,ut聊天室,ut聊天室,豆豆聊天室,聊天室,尋夢園聊天室,080視訊聊天室,免費視訊聊天,哈啦聊天室,視訊聊天,080聊天室,080苗栗人聊天室,6k聊天室,視訊聊天室,成人聊天室,中部人聊天室,免費視訊,視訊交友

smallawei said...

情人節|情趣商品,情色文學,嘟嘟,情色網,情趣商店,

G點,按摩棒,轉珠按摩棒,變頻跳蛋,跳蛋,無線跳蛋,

飛機杯,男用強精長軟質套,男用強精短軟質套,充氣娃娃,男性性感內褲,性感內褲,
自慰套,自慰套,情趣娃娃,自慰器,電動自慰器,充氣娃娃,
角色扮演,角色扮演服,

性感睡衣,情趣睡衣,性感內衣褲,性感內衣,內衣,性感內褲,C字褲,內褲,
性感貓裝,性感睡衣,貓裝,吊帶襪,情趣內褲,丁字褲,SM道具,SM,

震動環,潤滑液,情趣禮物,情趣玩具,威而柔,精油,逼真按摩棒,數位按摩棒,

情趣,情趣用品,巴黎,

Garrett Strobel said...

All links broken except the split - could you re-upload or e-mail me, please? Thanks :)